Clinical Sites

Time is divided during residency towards training at two world class training institutions- Sparrow Hospital and McLaren Greater Lansing Hospital of Lansing, Michigan.  Residents spend approximately 60% of their time at Sparrow Hospital, and the remaining 40% of their time at McLaren Greater Lansing Hospital.


Residents additionally receive an academic appointment from Michigan State University CHM and COM and are able to take advantage of the teaching, research, and academic benefits of being associated with this large Big Ten academic institution.




  • 36 Bed Emergency Departmentlansing mi 06 normal
  • Approximately 50,000 ED visits annually
  • 262 Inpatient Beds
  • Offers all acuities in a community hospital setting
  • Dedicated ultrasound fellowship-trained ED attendings with new ultrasound machine
  • Primary Stroke Certification from the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
  • Offers resident autonomy in all aspects of patient care with close supervision by EM faculty
  • Paper T system charting with Paragon EMR inpatient
  • Physician workstations with desktop computers



  • Sparrow Hospital Lansing68 Bed State of the Art ED opened in January 2009
  • Approximately 100,000 visits annually
  • 676 Inpatient Beds
  • Level 1 Trauma Center drawing patients from throughout the Mid-Michigan area and beyond
  • Comprehensive Stroke Center of Excellence
  • Home of the Granger Pediatric Emergency Department with an annual volume of approximately 28,000 visits
  • Center of the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners Program
  • Residents work in high-acuity trauma hall with 4 resuscitation bays 
  • EPIC charting system hospital-wide
  • Ultrasound machines dedicated for trauma hall use 
  • Portable laptops provided for resident use on-shift with wireless connectivity